Mumbles Lighthouse Swansea
Mumbles Lighthouse © Crown copyright (2013) Visit Wales
The Mumbles Lighthouse was built in 1794 and sits on one of two small islands situated off the coast of Mumbles Head and is accessible by foot at certain times of the day depending on the tides.
The lighthouse stands 17 metres high and originally displayed two open coal fires. It was automated in 1934 and it wasn’t until 1969 that it was electrified and then in 1995 the lighthouse had solar panels fitted to the roof of the structure which now power the lights.
Copyright © Croeso Net 1998 -